DNA Forensic Test
Testing Blood Stains, Semen Stains, Hair & More
Buccal swab collection is the most popular and reliable method to collect samples for DNA testing. In cases where buccal swab samples cannot be collected, a forensic DNA sample can be submitted for DNA testing. The cost of forensic DNA is $250 per sample.
Register by Phone?
Call us Mon to Fri
8AM to 5PM PST
11AM to 8PM EST
Examples of forensic samples that can be submitted to Metaphase include:
- Dried blood stains (e.g. dried blood on bandages, on tissue, cotton, or paper)
- Dried underwear stains (e.g. stains on underwear, pads, tampons, diapers)
- Dried semen stains (e.g. stains on tissue, underwear)
- Dried saliva stains (e.g. cigarette butts, stamps, stains on clothing or napkins)
- Plucked hair with roots (not cut hair)
- Razors shavings from electric razors
- Bone, teeth, tissue (deceased individual)
Forensic DNA Testing Steps
Call us toll-free at 1-877-767-4388 to discuss your case and sample type. Our experts are here to answer your questions and guide you through the process.
Complete and send the application forms together with the forensic sample to us for DNA testing.
View or download your forensic report from your secure online account immediately after testing is completed.
Please note: The success of the DNA forensic test depends on the quality and quantity of DNA in the submitted sample. If the DNA is degraded or insufficient, generating a DNA profile may not be possible. The $250 test fee is non-refundable once processing begins, regardless of the outcome.